Vertical Sliding Sash Timber Windows
Cords and weights vertical sliding timber windows from 'Choices'
‘Choices’ Cords and Weights sliding sash windows are windows still using traditional technology. The sashes slide by means of cords, pulleys and weights. These windows are in demand for ‘listed’ buildings where traditional manufacture and single glazing is specified.
Our range of Cords and Weights Vertical Sliding windows offer excellent energy efficiency alongside the beauty of traditional sash windows. Dependant on the design, Vertical Sliding windows can be opened at the top or at the bottom. The mechanics of how the windows move are down to a steel weight attached to a cord, being used.
The weight and cord are passed over a pulley and fixed to the glazed sash frame. However, the weights are not visible. This is due to them being suspended within the window frame itself.
- Engineered Redwood
- Standard Double / Narrow Double / Single Glazing options
- Internally or Externally Beaded
- Default colour - White RAL 9016
- ‘Choices’ stains - Mahogany, Cyprus Light Oak, Teak, Walnut and Ebony
- Handles - Slide and Tilt: Gold, Chrome, White and Satin Chrome
- Handles - Spiral Balance/Cords and Weights: Brass, Chrome and Satin Chrome
Standard RAL Finishes
Soft White - 9016
Anthracite Grey - 7016
Agate Grey - 7038
Beige Grey - 7006
Traffic Grey - 7043
Cream - 9001
Red - 3005
Green - 6028
Blue - 5011
Chartwell Green - NCS3010-G20Y
Standard Stain Finishes
Cyprus Light Oak